Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of enucleating, or removing a body (as a kernel, seed, tumor, the eyeball, etc.) from its cover, case, capsule, or other envelop.
- n. Figuratively, the act of explaining or making manifest; explanation; exposition.
- n. surgery The surgical removal of an intact organ, especially of the eye and of cysts and tumors.
- n. microbiology The removal of the nuclear body of a cell.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of enucleating; elucidation; exposition.
- n. surgical removal of something without cutting into it
“Some 22 percent of the group had enucleation, which is the clinical term for eye removal.”
“The result is that the people in Stezaker's collages seem to suffer a variety of austerely rendered optical afflictions, from a squint or strabismus to full enucleation: in the series Blind, the eyeballs have been razored out along a straight line and the edges of the photograph brought together again.”
“A decade ago, treatment options included enucleation (removal of the involved eye) or radiation.”
“When only one eye is involved, enucleation is usually the treatment of choice.”
“For those who missed the earlier posts, Renki's eye turned cancerous and enucleation was the only viable treatment.”
“Priestley Smith has pointed out that the glaucomatous eye softens more slowly than the normal eye after enucleation, in spite of the fact that a greater force is operating to drive fluid out of the eye.”
“But it may become suddenly worse, or go on to complete blindness with pain, demanding enucleation, after some temporary perturbation, as the performance of a glaucoma operation.”
“In 2.3 per cent the eye was attacked by iridocyclitis and in 3.4 per cent enucleation was found to be necessary.”
“Since it undergoes atrophy after enucleation of the eyeballs, it may be considered as forming a path for visual sensations.”
“Trenchard made his way back to Wilding to tell him what he had seen and to lay before him, for his enucleation, the problem of Blake's being the leader of it.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘enucleation’.
Looking for tweets for enucleation.