from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A supply in excess of what is appropriate or required.
- transitive v. To supply in excess of what is appropriate or required: oversupplied the troops with blankets; oversupplied blankets to the troops.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To supply more than is needed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To supply in excess.
- n. An excessive supply; a supply in excess of demand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To supply in excess of demand.
- n. A supply in excess of demand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being so overabundant that prices fall
- v. supply with an excess of
From over- + supply. (Wiktionary)