from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Either of two main branches of the trachea, leading directly to the lungs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of two airways, which are primary branches of the trachea, leading directly into the lungs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the subdivisions of the trachea or windpipe; esp. one of the two primary divisions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Either of the two main branches of the trachea: also sometimes used to denote any small bronchial tube. See trachea, lung, and cut under thorax.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. either of the two main branches of the trachea
New Latin, from Greek bronkhos, windpipe.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)