from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An individual, such as a physician, nurse, or social worker, who assists in the identification, prevention, or treatment of an illness or disability.
- n. An individual, such as a parent, foster parent, or head of a household, who attends to the needs of a child or dependent adult.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of care-giver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who helps in identifying or preventing or treating illness or disability
- n. a person who is responsible for attending to the needs of a child or dependent adult
Sorry, no etymologies found.