from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A noncommissioned officer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A non-commissioned officer, such as a sergeant (army) or petty officer (navy).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A noncommissioned officer; a military officer appointed from enlisted personnel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of non-commissioned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a military officer appointed from enlisted personnel
Sorry, no etymologies found.