from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A drill instructor.
- n. An instructor given to extremely rigorous training.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who trains others in something
- n. a person who instructs in marching drill
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who teaches drill, especially in the way of gymnastics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who gives practical instruction in military tactics and the use of arms; hence, one who trains in anything, especially in a mechanical manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a noncommissioned officer who instructs recruits in military marching and discipline
Sorry, no etymologies found.