from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of the fine, thin-walled, tubular extensions of a bronchus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the small branches of a bronchus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A minute bronchial tube.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small bronchial tube.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of the smallest bronchial ducts; ending in alveoli
French, from New Latin bronchiola, diminutive of Latin bronchus; see bronchus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)