from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of chop.
- n. The action by which something is chopped.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Stout or plump; large.
- adj. Shifting or changing suddenly, as the wind; also, having tumbling waves dashing against each other.
- n. Act of cutting by strokes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Stout; lusty; plump; bouncing.
- Running in short, irregular, broken, and interrupted waves, such as those caused by the wind blowing in a direction opposite to that of a strong current, or by the combination of different systems of waves: as, a chopping sea. Also choppy.
- n. A corruption of chopine.
Sorry, no etymologies found.