from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exceptionally large: "yet another whopping pay raise” ( Lee Atwater).
- adv. Used as an intensive: a whopping good joke.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. exceptionally large or great
- v. Present participle of whop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Very large; thumping: as, a whopping big trout.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used informally) very large
- adv. extremely
Present participle of whop.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)