from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a manner inspiring awe.
- adv. Reverently.
- adv. Badly, terribly.
- adv. Very; exceedingly; extremely; excessively.
- adv. Fearfully.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an awful manner; in a manner to fill with terror or awe; fearfully; reverently.
- adv. Very; excessively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an awful manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. used as intensifiers
- adv. in a terrible manner
- adv. of a dreadful kind
awful + -ly (Wiktionary)