from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a terrible manner: terribly wounded.
- adv. Extremely; very I'm terribly sorry.
- adv. To a great extent; very much: Would you mind terribly if I opened the window?
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Causing terror or awe.
- adv. Very; extremely.
- adv. Very badly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a terrible manner.
- Violently; exceedingly; greatly; very.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. used as intensifiers
- adv. in a terrible manner
From terrible + -ly. (Wiktionary)