from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a high or esteemed manner.
- adv. extremely; greatly; awfully
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a high manner, or to a high degree; very much.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a high manner; to a high degree; in a high state or condition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a high position or level or rank
- adv. at a high rate or wage
- adv. to a high degree or extent; favorably or with much respect
From Middle English hiȝly, heȝly, heyȝliche, from Old English hēalīce ("highly"), equivalent to high + -ly. Cognate with Dutch hoogelijk ("highly"), German höchlich ("highly"), Danish højlig ("highly"), Swedish högligen ("highly"). (Wiktionary)