from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In an effective way.
- adv. For all practical purposes; in effect: Though a few rebels still held out, the fighting was effectively ended.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an efficient or effective manner; with powerful effect.
- adv. Essentially; for all practical purposes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With effect; powerfully; completely; thoroughly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With effect; powerfully; with real operation; completely; thoroughly.
- Actually; in fact.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an effective manner
- adv. in actuality or reality or fact
Sorry, no etymologies found.