Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a collective manner; in a mass or body; in a collected state; in the aggregate; unitedly: as, the citizens of a state collectively considered.
- adv. In a collection; in a collective manner; together as a whole; bunched together; to be treated as a single unit, rather than the items that make up the collection separately.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. In a mass, or body; in a collected state; in the aggregate; unitedly.
- adv. in conjunction with; combined.
- collective + -ly (Wiktionary)
“Sabar, the national pulse of Senegal, is also the term collectively used to describe the intricate and sophisticated genre of Senegalese inspired dancing that originated on the urban streets of Dakar.”
“They're taking our name collectively to support Al Jazeera, but they're doing it without public approval,'' Kaufman said.”
“While you sleep, there are also forces that push you toward waking up, which I refer to collectively as the “drive to wake.””
“The Tea Party collectively is not extreme; it is too diverse/disorganized for that — its got loads of extremists puling it in loads of directions and the sum of these vectors is as of yet unkown”
“What this has done to us collectively is the same thing it has done to us individually.”
“But our water usage, collectively, is one thing that strongly affects the health of our surrounding environment.”
“In the layers and interstices of the economy where money handlers and bookkeepers were jointly active, communities of Hindus, Sikhs, and Muslims of Indian origin collectively referred to as Hindkis were quite prominent.”
“The West suffers collectively from the Oslo Syndr ...”
“Not a sheep: "The West suffers collectively from the Oslo Syndrome" skip to main | skip to sidebar”
“With this sort of thing, there's a "collective" problem when things go wrong so I don't see any harm in collectively giving impartial advice to people.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘collectively’.
A long list of adverbs, beginning with full-drive. Someone had to list them. This list in continued in the list More Adverbia.
Read some sniping and some informative commentary about a...
Looking for tweets for collectively.