from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Singly in the order designated or mentioned: I'm referring to each of you respectively.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a relative manner; often used when comparing lists, where the term denotes that the items in the lists correspond to each other in the order they are given.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. As relating to each; particularly; as each belongs to each; as each refers to each in order.
- adv. Relatively; not absolutely.
- adv. Partially; with respect to private views.
- adv. With respect; regardfully.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a respective manner, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in the order given
Sorry, no etymologies found.