from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. As individuals, separately, independently
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an individual manner or relation; as individuals; separately; each by itself.
- adv. In an inseparable manner; inseparably; incommunicably; indivisibly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an individual or distinctive manner; as individuals; separately: as, apple-trees differ individually, but not specifically; all were individually summoned.
- Indivisibly; incommunicably.
- Personally; in an individual capacity, as distinguished from official or corporate capacity. See individual, a., 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. apart from others
The term individually characterized is the same term as the one translated above as “objective entities.”
Here, Panchen is using the term individually characterized in a more general sense, not merely for objective entities (deepest true phenomena), but also for metaphysical entities (superficial true phenomena, generally characterized entities).
But each girl signed her name individually at the bottom of the stationery.
The ability to adjust programs individually from the Volume Control window is a huge addition for me.
The participants in the study stand to gain little individually from the study.
Anyone who believes that we can afford collectively what we cannot afford individually is delusional ...
Socializing individually is more intimate, but socializing in a group also carries benefits.
Those value judgments reflect that we have individual interests but we developed those interests within the context of having been cared for and have cared for those other than ourselves; and, of course, our connection to a broad social and economic web of people whose concern for us individually is at best somewhat abstract, and ours for them in return is also somewhat abstract.
The coaster, sold individually, is made of silicone rubber and looks like a little orange guy has been partially flattened by your cup (silicone extends under the cup to protect the desk while Stan mostly sticks out to one side).
“Did they all call in individually or have they all talked to each other?”
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.