from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a private manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a private manner; not openly; without the presence of others.
- adv. In a manner affecting an individual; personally; not officially.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a private or secret manner; not openly or publicly.
- In a manner affecting an individual; personally: as, he is not privately benefited.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. kept private or confined to those intimately concerned
- adv. by a private person or interest
private + -ly (Wiktionary)