from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an independent manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an independent manner; without control.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an independent manner; with independence.
- Apart from or without regard to something else: followed by of: as, independently of being safe, it is more beneficial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. apart from others
- adv. on your own; without outside help
independent + -ly (Wiktionary)