from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a way that is practical.
- adv. For all practical purposes; virtually.
- adv. All but; nearly; almost.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In practice; in effect. Not necessarily officially the case but what actually occurs.
- adv. Almost completely; almost entirely
- adv. With respect to practices or a practice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a practical way; not theoretically; really
- adv. By means of practice or use; by experience or experiment
- adv. In practice or use
- adv. Almost.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a practical manner; from a practical point of view; by actual experience; not merely theoretically: as, to be practically acquainted with a business.
- In effect; actually, so far as results and relations are concerned; as a matter of fact.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. (degree adverb used before a noun phrase) for all practical purposes but not completely
- adv. almost; nearly
- adv. in a practical manner
practical + -ly. (Wiktionary)