from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a rough manner.
- adv. Unevenly; harshly; rudely; severely; austerely.
- adv. Imprecise but close to in quantity or amount; approximately.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a rough manner; unevenly; harshly; rudely; severely; austerely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a rough manner; with physical roughness or coarseness; without smoothness or finish; in an uneven or irregular manner as to surface or execution.
- With asperity of manner or effect; coarsely; harshly; gruffly; rudely; gratingly; austerely.
- Without precision or exactness; approximately; in a general way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with rough motion as over a rough surface
- adv. (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct
- adv. with roughness or violence (`rough' is an informal variant for `roughly')
Watan ala Watar – the title roughly translates as "country hanging by a thread" – has been broadcast every night since Ramadan began on 11 August.
Au pairs (the term roughly translates as "" equal '' in French) are teenagers who receive small salaries and expect to be treated as quasi family members in exchange for some housework and child care.
Watan ala Watar - the title roughly translates as "country hanging by a thread" - has been broadcast every night since Ramadan began on 11 August.
Dream-Colored Pastry Chef, which is what the title roughly translates as, is an ongoing Japanese shoujo manga series written and illustrated by Natsumi Matsumoto.
The title roughly translates as "the sadness will last", which were reputedly the words of a near-death Van Gogh, but here are the thoughts of a war veteran whose medals mean nothing in old age - they're merely a "cenotaph souvenir".
(The title roughly translates as "Dreams and Nightmares.")
Au pairs the term roughly translates as ‘equal’ in French are teenagers who receive small salaries and expect to be treated as quasi family members in exchange for some housework and child care.
A beaming Berlusconi strode to his place while loudspeakers blared out his party's election campaign song, whose title roughly translates as: "Thank goodness for Silvio".
The Dutch subtitle roughly translates as "So, it was really you, sitting stark naked in that bathtub?"
The term roughly translates to "the NBA likes your big dudes too much" and the score of 911 they earned for the preceding four academic years will result in a loss of two scholarships for the upcoming season.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.