from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. From one end to the other: the overall length of the house.
- adj. Including everything; comprehensive: the overall costs of medical care.
- adj. Regarded as a whole; general: My overall impression was favorable.
- adv. On the whole; generally: enjoyed the performance overall.
- n. Chiefly British A loose-fitting protective outer garment; a smock.
- n. Loose-fitting trousers, usually of strong fabric, with a bib front and shoulder straps, often worn over regular clothing as protection from dirt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. All-encompassing.
- adv. Generally; with everything considered.
- n. A garment worn over other clothing to protect it; a coverall or boiler suit. A garment, for manual labor or for casual wear, often made of a single piece of fabric, with long legs and a bib upper, supported from the shoulders with straps, and having several large pockets and loops for carrying tools.
- n. A garment, worn for manual labor, with an integral covering extending to the chest, supported by straps.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. everywhere.
- prep. placed over or upon other bearings, and therefore hinding them in part; -- said of a charge.
- adv. Everywhere.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- All over; in all directions; everywhere; generally.
- Beyond everything; preëminently; especially.
- n. An external covering; specifically, in the plural, loose trousers of a light, strong material, worn over others by workmen to protect them from being soiled; also, in the plural, waterproof leggings.
- In measurements, extending from one extreme limit to the other; including the whole extent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (usually plural) work clothing consisting of denim trousers (usually with a bib and shoulder straps)
- n. a loose protective coverall or smock worn over ordinary clothing for dirty work
- adj. involving only main features
- adj. including everything
over + all (Wiktionary)