from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Including or applying to all categories or members: an across-the-board pay hike; an across-the-board ruling.
- adj. Of or being a racing wager whereby equal amounts are bet on the same contestant to win, place, and show.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. wide or comprehensive in scope or applicability.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. broad in scope or content.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. including all
- adj. broad in scope or content
Sorry, no etymologies found.