from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the shape of a globe; spherical.
- adj. Of, relating to, or involving the entire earth; worldwide: global war; global monetary policies.
- adj. Comprehensive; total: "a . . . global, generalized sense of loss” ( Maggie Scarf).
- adj. Computer Science Of or relating to an entire program, document, or file.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. spherical, ball-shaped
- adj. of or relating to a globe or sphere
- adj. Concerning all parts of the world.
- adj. of a variable, accessible by all parts of a program
- n. A globally scoped identifier.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope.
- adj. shaped like a globe; spherical.
- adj. broad in scope or content; comprehensive. Opposite of
- adj. Accessible and effective throughout an entire computer program, rather than in only one subroutine; -- used of variables. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Spherical; globe-shaped: as, the global earth.
- Relating to the round world; world-wide.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the shape of a sphere or ball
- adj. involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope
globe + -al (Wiktionary)