from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped like an egg; ovate.
- n. Something that is shaped like an egg.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like an oval.
- adj. Egg-shaped; shaped like an oval, but more tapered at one end; ovate.
- n. Something that is oval in shape.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling an egg in shape; egg-shaped; ovate.
- n. A solid resembling an egg in shape.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Egg-shaped: said of solids.
- n. An egg-shaped body.
- n. In anthropology, a cranium the norma verticalis of which has an ovoid form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an egg-shaped object
- adj. rounded like an egg
Sorry, no etymologies found.