from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having six sides.
- adj. Containing a hexagon or shaped like one.
- adj. Mineralogy Having three equal axes intersecting at angles of 60° in one plane and one axis of variable length that is perpendicular to the others.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having six edges, or having a cross-section in the form of a hexagon.
- adj. Having three equal axes which cross at 60° angles, and an unequal axis which crosses the others at 90° angle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having six sides and six angles; six-sided.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having six sides and six angles; having the form of a hexagon.
- Divided into hexagons: as, a surface with a hexagonal structure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having six sides or divided into hexagons
Sorry, no etymologies found.