from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having three unequal axes intersecting at oblique angles. Used of certain crystals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having three unequal axes all intersecting at oblique angles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having, or characterized by, three unequal axes intersecting at oblique angles. See the Note under crystallization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In crystallography, pertaining to the inclination of three intersecting axes to each other; specifically, appellative of a system of crystallization in which the three axes are unequal and their intersections oblique, as in the oblique rhomboidal prism. Also triclinohedric, triclinate, anorthic, asymmetric, tetartoprismatic. See cut 3 under rhombohedron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having three unequal crystal axes intersecting at oblique angles
Sorry, no etymologies found.