from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the shape of a cube.
- adj. Shaped similar to a cube.
- adj. Having three dimensions.
- adj. Having a volume equal to a cube whose edge is of a stated length: a cubic foot.
- adj. Mathematics Of the third power, order, or degree.
- adj. Of or relating to a crystalline form that has three equal axes at right angles to each other; isometric.
- n. Mathematics A cubic expression, curve, or equation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Used in the names of units of volume formed by multiplying a unit of length by itself twice.
- adj. Of a class of polynomial of the form
- adj. Having three equal axes and all angles 90°.
- n. A cubic curve.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form or properties of a cube; contained, or capable of being contained, in a cube.
- adj. Isometric or monometric. See Crystallization.
- n. A curve of the third degree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form of a cube.
- Solid; three-dimensional: said of a unit of volume related to a unit of length of the same name as a cube is related to its edge. Thus, a cubic yard is the volume or solid contents of a cube whose edges are each a yard long. Abbreviated c.
- In algebra and geometry, being of the third order, degree, or power.
- n. In mathematics, a cubical quantic, equation, or curve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having three dimensions
Sorry, no etymologies found.