from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or composed of right angles.
- adj. Mathematics Of or relating to a matrix whose transpose equals its inverse.
- adj. Mathematics Of or relating to a linear transformation that preserves the length of vectors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of two objects, at right angles; perpendicular to each other.
- adj. Statistically independent, with reference to variates.
- adj. Of two or more aspects of a problem, able to be treated separately.
- adj. Of two or more problems or subjects, independent of or irrelevant to each other.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Right-angled; rectangular.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or depending upon the use of right angles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. statistically unrelated
- adj. having a set of mutually perpendicular axes; meeting at right angles
- adj. not pertinent to the matter under consideration
From Greek orthogōnios : ortho-, ortho- + gōniā, angle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Medieval Latin orthogonalis, from Latin orthogonius ("right-angled"). (Wiktionary)