from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the philosophy or methods of Descartes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, Descartes, his mathematical methods, or his philosophy, especially with regard to its emphasis on logical analysis and its mechanistic interpretation of physical nature.
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, co-ordinates based on mutually orthogonal axes.
- n. One who follows the philosophy of Cartesianism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the French philosopher René Descartes, or his philosophy.
- n. An adherent of Descartes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the French philosopher René Descartes (1596-1650), to his philosophy, or to his geometrical method.
- n. One who adopts the philosophy of Descartes; a follower of Descartes.
- n. Any curve of the fourth order having two cusps on the absolute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Rene Descartes or his works
- n. a follower of Cartesian thought
French cartésien (from René Descartes) and New Latin Cartesiānus (from Cartesius, Latin form of Descartes).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
After Rene Descartes (Wiktionary)