from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, measured from, or with respect to the center of the earth.
- adj. Having the earth as a center.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the Earth at the center. Usually in reference to the Solar System.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having, considering, or based on, the earth as center; ; in relation to or seen from the earth, -- usually opposed to
heliocentric, as seen from the sun.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In astronomy, having reference to the earth for its center; in relation to the earth as a center; hence, seen from the earth: a term applied to the place of a planet as it would be seen from the center of the earth, in opposition to its heliocentric place as conceived to be seen from the center of the sun.
- n. An adherent of the theory that the earth is the center of the universe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the earth as the center
From geo- + centric. (Wiktionary)