from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Regarding humans as the central element of the universe.
- adj. Interpreting reality exclusively in terms of human values and experience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Placing humans at the center of something, giving preference to humans above all other considerations.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Assuming man as the center or ultimate end; -- applied to theories of the universe or of any part of it, as the solar system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Regarding man as the central fact of creation; assuming man to be the final aim and end of creation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. human-centered
anthropo- + -centric (Wiktionary)