from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Holding the view that the ego is the center, object, and norm of all experience.
- adj. Confined in attitude or interest to one's own needs or affairs.
- adj. Caring only about oneself; selfish.
- adj. Philosophy Viewed or perceived from one's own mind as a center.
- adj. Philosophy Taking one's own self as the starting point in a philosophical system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. selfish, self-centered
- adj. Egotistical.
- n. A person who is egocentric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having an attitude which is almost exclusively concerned with one's own needs or desires.
- n. a self-centered person with little regard for others.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or regarding self as the center of all things; centering in self; egoistic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. limited to or caring only about yourself and your own needs
- n. a self-centered person with little regard for others
Sorry, no etymologies found.