from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Egotistical.
- adj. Egoistic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Addicted to, or manifesting, egotism; having an exaggerated view of one's own importance or good qualities.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of egotism; characterized by egotism: as, an egotistic remark; an egotistic person.
- Synonyms Conceited, vain, self-important, opinionated, assuming. See egotism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
- adj. characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
If people of such outstanding talent and accomplishment can't avoid a couple of dumb fucks throwing verbal hand grenades in their direction, how egotistic is it for you to think that you will live your life in a steady stream of uninterrupted adulation?
It's a kind of egotistic naturalism which is endemic of a deeper French malaise.
Homais dilated in Amphytrionic pride, and the affecting thought of Bovary vaguely contributed to his pleasure by a kind of egotistic reflex upon himself.
Bovary vaguely contributed to his pleasure by a kind of egotistic reflex upon himself.
Sarkozy dismissed the "egotistic" rich-country perception that poor countries don't have the right to nuclear technology because they can't be trusted to keep it safe.
You think a guy would love all of that attention or at least get a little egotistic because of that desire …
An outward-focused posture of humble servant leadership is more commendable than a life of egotistic achievement.
An outwardÂ-focused posture of humble servant leadership is more commendable than a life of egotistic achievement.
And historically, our government has made alliances with such self-centered, egotistic and immoral leaders because such an alliance served our needs at that time.
But what we have now may be the most egotistic presidency we have seen.