from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Egotistical.
- adj. Egoistic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Addicted to, or manifesting, egotism; having an exaggerated view of one's own importance or good qualities.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of egotism; characterized by egotism: as, an egotistic remark; an egotistic person.
- Synonyms Conceited, vain, self-important, opinionated, assuming. See egotism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
- adj. characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
If people of such outstanding talent and accomplishment can't avoid a couple of dumb fucks throwing verbal hand grenades in their direction, how egotistic is it for you to think that you will live your life in a steady stream of uninterrupted adulation?
It's a kind of egotistic naturalism which is endemic of a deeper French malaise.
Homais dilated in Amphytrionic pride, and the affecting thought of Bovary vaguely contributed to his pleasure by a kind of egotistic reflex upon himself.
Bovary vaguely contributed to his pleasure by a kind of egotistic reflex upon himself.
Sarkozy dismissed the "egotistic" rich-country perception that poor countries don't have the right to nuclear technology because they can't be trusted to keep it safe.
You think a guy would love all of that attention or at least get a little egotistic because of that desire …
An outward-focused posture of humble servant leadership is more commendable than a life of egotistic achievement.
An outwardÂ-focused posture of humble servant leadership is more commendable than a life of egotistic achievement.
And historically, our government has made alliances with such self-centered, egotistic and immoral leaders because such an alliance served our needs at that time.
But what we have now may be the most egotistic presidency we have seen.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.