from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking tolerance, breadth of view, or sympathy; petty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having restricted or rigid views, and being unreceptive to new ideas
- adj. intolerant, bigoted or prejudiced
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of narrow mental scope; lacking tolerance or breadth of view; illiberal; mean. Opposite of
broad-minded, open-minded, liberal.
- adj. Capable of being shocked by behavior of others. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of confined views or sentiments; bigoted; illiberal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. rigidly adhering to a particular sect or its doctrines
- adj. lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view
- adj. capable of being shocked
Saying J.J. Abrams is more deserving because he went from TV to film is quite a narrow-minded statement.
My feeling is that the problems with the US criminal justice system are sufficiently broad-based that a narrow-minded focus on capital punishment is a bit misguided.
“My feeling is that the problems with the US criminal justice system are sufficiently broad-based that a narrow-minded focus on capital punishment is a bit misguided.”
Pat Buchanan is always there to speak up for the narrow-minded amongus.
Anything said by anyone other than white, conservative/narrow-minded men bugs the hell out of this fool, Graham and his fellow uptights from the south ... and that's coming from me, a white male.
Conservatives are narrow-minded, greedy and shallow, have not an altruistic bone in their bodies and are racists, homophobes and mean-spirited.
Barack can't take his wife to dinner or hold hands without you narrow-minded warmongers pooping in your pants.
Sadly enough, there are still enough narrow-minded, misguided Americans who will continue to waste time and money on this wasteland from Alaska.
She longs to see the world and is a natural traveler, independent, curious and bored with gossipy, narrow-minded English life.
The ignorant, narrow-minded bigots fueling this campaign simply refuse to accept the outcome of the 2008 election; that there's a black family in the White House and a black man in the Oval Office.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.