from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking tolerance, breadth of view, or sympathy; petty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having restricted or rigid views, and being unreceptive to new ideas
- adj. intolerant, bigoted or prejudiced
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of narrow mental scope; lacking tolerance or breadth of view; illiberal; mean. Opposite of
broad-minded, open-minded, liberal.
- adj. Capable of being shocked by behavior of others. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of confined views or sentiments; bigoted; illiberal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. rigidly adhering to a particular sect or its doctrines
- adj. lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view
- adj. capable of being shocked
From narrow + minded. (Wiktionary)