American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Lacking tolerance, breadth of view, or sympathy; petty.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of confined views or sentiments; bigoted; illiberal.
- adj. having restricted or rigid views, and being unreceptive to new ideas
- adj. intolerant, bigoted or prejudiced
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of narrow mental scope; lacking tolerance or breadth of view; illiberal; mean. Opposite of
broad-minded, open-minded, liberal.
- adj. Capable of being shocked by behavior of others. Opposite of
- adj. rigidly adhering to a particular sect or its doctrines
- adj. lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view
- adj. capable of being shocked
- From narrow + minded. (Wiktionary)
“Saying J.J. Abrams is more deserving because he went from TV to film is quite a narrow-minded statement.”
“My feeling is that the problems with the US criminal justice system are sufficiently broad-based that a narrow-minded focus on capital punishment is a bit misguided.”
““My feeling is that the problems with the US criminal justice system are sufficiently broad-based that a narrow-minded focus on capital punishment is a bit misguided.””
“Pat Buchanan is always there to speak up for the narrow-minded amongus.”
“Anything said by anyone other than white, conservative/narrow-minded men bugs the hell out of this fool, Graham and his fellow uptights from the south ... and that's coming from me, a white male.”
“Conservatives are narrow-minded, greedy and shallow, have not an altruistic bone in their bodies and are racists, homophobes and mean-spirited.”
“Barack can't take his wife to dinner or hold hands without you narrow-minded warmongers pooping in your pants.”
“Sadly enough, there are still enough narrow-minded, misguided Americans who will continue to waste time and money on this wasteland from Alaska.”
“She longs to see the world and is a natural traveler, independent, curious and bored with gossipy, narrow-minded English life.”
“The ignorant, narrow-minded bigots fueling this campaign simply refuse to accept the outcome of the 2008 election; that there's a black family in the White House and a black man in the Oval Office.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘narrow-minded’.
Use compound adjectives to talk about the qualities of rule models and heroes.
Listed various words that have come into my mind. Will edit them at some point - honestly.
dog-gold, shoulderlooker, mr. considering, the pigwoman, stevie is waiting, chingwybodganpwy, thelandscapeisstu..., couchsurfing, cappuccinodrinking, meat-eater, posher, mae rhaid i fi fynd and 581 more...
Looking for tweets for narrow-minded.