from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Determined to have one's own way; stubbornly and often recklessly willful. See Synonyms at obstinate, unruly.
- adj. Resulting from willfulness and obstinacy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Determined to do as one pleases, and not as others want.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not easily restrained; ungovernable; obstinate; stubborn.
- adj. Directed by ungovernable will, or proceeding from obstinacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wilful; ungovernable; obstinate; bent on pursuing one's own ends.
- Directed by or proceeding from obstinate wilfulness: as, a headstrong course.
- Synonyms Intractable, unruly, stubborn, dogged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. habitually disposed to disobedience and opposition
The only way this can be done practically, though, is if Sarah receives a rollback, a brand new rejuvenation technique that can only be afforded to the rich and powerful - like a certain headstrong millionaire.
Both are known as headstrong leaders unaccustomed to sharing power.
But I felt that it was clear that the least want of firmness at the outset would endanger my whole educational plan; therefore, I stood firm, and indeed gained my point, though at the price of being called headstrong, self-willed, and stubborn.
My daughter brings new meaning to the terms "single-minded" and "headstrong" -- so for pretty much all of her life attempting to argue with her has just re-invigorated her determination to go her own way.
IRP forum, I'm known as headstrong, but still a fairly good debater.
This is especially true for the "headstrong" kids.
Because I know I'm the good girl, the pure girl, the smart girl, the over-achieving girl ... and maybe it's something about everything that makes me the kind of headstrong girl that the bad boys have fun chasing after.
Homer (in the _Odyssey_ at any rate), Herodotus (in what was certainly not intentional fiction at all), and Xenophon  are about the only Greek writers who can tell a story, for the magnificent narrative of Thucydides in such cases as those of the Plague and the Syracusan cataclysm shows all the "headstrong"
The greatest errors of Mr.. Action proceed from a kind of headstrong feminine propensity, which she has to be doing before her husband, Mr. Calculation, has given her proper directions.
It is believed that Range plotted with Amelle Berrabah to get the "headstrong" Buchanan out of the band and rope in someone who would help their album sales in the US.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.