from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Determined to have one's own way; stubbornly and often recklessly willful. See Synonyms at obstinate, unruly.
- adj. Resulting from willfulness and obstinacy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Determined to do as one pleases, and not as others want.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not easily restrained; ungovernable; obstinate; stubborn.
- adj. Directed by ungovernable will, or proceeding from obstinacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wilful; ungovernable; obstinate; bent on pursuing one's own ends.
- Directed by or proceeding from obstinate wilfulness: as, a headstrong course.
- Synonyms Intractable, unruly, stubborn, dogged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. habitually disposed to disobedience and opposition
head + strong (Wiktionary)