from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Given to stopping and refusing to go on: a balky horse; a balky client.
- adj. Difficult to operate or start: a balky switch; a balky engine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Refusing to proceed or cooperate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Apt to balk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to balking; apt to stop abruptly and obstinately refuse to move: as, a balky horse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. stopping short and refusing to go on
Sorry, no etymologies found.