from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not submissive to authority: has a history of insubordinate behavior.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. rebellious or defiant to authority
- adj. contumacious
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not submitting to authority; disobedient; rebellious; mutinous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not subordinate or submissive; not submitting to authority; refractory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not submissive to authority
- adj. disposed to or engaged in defiance of established authority
Sorry, no etymologies found.