from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling a riot.
- adj. Participating in or inciting to riot or uproar.
- adj. Uproarious; boisterous: a riotous party.
- adj. Dissolute; wanton: riotous living.
- adj. Abundant or luxuriant: a riotous growth. See Synonyms at profuse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the characteristics of a riot
- adj. causing, inciting or taking part in a riot
- adj. unrestrained and boisterous; degenerate or dissolute
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Involving, or engaging in, riot; wanton; unrestrained; luxurious.
- adj. Partaking of the nature of an unlawful assembly or its acts; seditious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tumultuous; of the nature of an unlawful assembly; seditious; guilty of riot: as, a riotous mob; a riotous demagogue.
- Indulging in riot or revelry; accompanied by or consisting in revelry or debauchery; wanton or licentious.
- Boisterous; uproarious: as, riotous glee.
- Synonyms See insurrection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. produced or growing in extreme abundance
- adj. characterized by unrest or disorder or insubordination
- adj. unrestrained by convention or morality
From riot + -ous. (Wiktionary)