from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possessing or exhibiting great wealth; affluent.
- adj. Characterized by rich abundance; luxuriant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. luxuriant, and ostentatiously magnificent
- adj. rich, sumptuous and extravagant
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a large estate or property; wealthy; rich; affluent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wealthy; rich; affluent; having large means.
- Unstinted; plentiful; abundant; profuse.
- Blooming; brilliant; splendid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. rich and superior in quality
Latin opulentus; see op- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)