from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a great deal of money: the moneyed classes. See Synonyms at rich.
- adj. Representing or arising from the possession of money or wealth: the triumph of moneyed interests over landed interests.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of monied.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Supplied with money; having money; wealthy.
- adv. Converted into money; coined.
- adv. Consisting in, or composed of, money.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Supplied with money; rich in money; having money; able to command money; wealthy; affluent.
- Consisting of money; in the form of money: as, moneyed capital.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. based on or arising from the possession of money or wealth
- adj. having an abundant supply of money or possessions of value
Sorry, no etymologies found.