from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of feeling or suffering; sensitive: a passible type of personality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to suffer, or feel pain.
- adj. Able to feel emotion.
- adj. Capable of suffering injury or detriment.
- adj. Liable to experience change or decay.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Susceptible of feeling or suffering, or of impressions from external agents.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of feeling or suffering; susceptible of impressions from external agents.
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin passibilis, from Latin passus, past participle of patī, to suffer; see pē(i)- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)