American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. In great numbers; in abundance: "with balloons and hot dogs . . . and fireworks galore” ( Anne Armstrong).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sufficiently; abundantly; in plenty. It is often used with the force of a predicate adjective.
- adj. In abundance.
GNU Webster's 1913
- Plenty; abundance; in abundance.
- adj. existing in abundance
- adj. in great numbers
- From Irish go leor and Scottish Gaelic gu leòr, gu leòir, "enough, plenty", "till sufficiency, till plenty, till clarity'" (leor is the dative of léir "sufficiency, plenty, clarity"). (Wiktionary)
- Irish Gaelic go leór, enough : go, adv. particle + leór, enough (from Old Irish lour, alteration of roar). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I've been sent interview questions galore from a number of othe blogs and have been coordinating all sorts of contests and giveaways.”
“Graham of the obstructionist party who has no plan, who has had no plan other than tax cuts for the rich, deregulation of those same rich, and wars galore, is accusing the Obama administration of doing a terrible job running the country.”
“We had boxes galore from the move, so his 3-story, open floor-plan house is sitting in the living room.”
“P.S. As for other posts generating more hits, well, American Idol generates phone calls galore, while the McGlaughlin Group has a tiny audience.”
“Thence we removed to a city called Al – Karkh496 where we sold and bought and made gain galore and amassed of wealth great store.’”
“In addition to tracking the salmonella outbreak associated with peanut butter that has sickened more than 430 people in 43 states, there have been recalls galore -- 14 from the Consumer Product Safety Commission alone.”
“There had been calls galore for the inspector, she reported.”
“There are warning labels galore, horrid pictures to boot on cigarette packages yet people still smoke.”
“The 27-year-old Maharashtrian, who claims to be an established actor in Hollywood, has been receiving calls galore for his enthralling performance in the hit movie.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘galore’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words chosen as favorites for the Twitter hashtag #faveword.
Please use the lowercase form of words that don’t usually appear as proper names (unless the word should be capitalized for other reasons). Words that are used primarily or exclusively as names (e...
Words that are fun to say....
... as in "by James Joyce"
not necessarily eponyms, but might be
Daily Vocab List
french words & english ones
des mots franÃ§ais & d'autres anglais
Looking for tweets for galore.