American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- conj. And not; or not; not either: has neither phoned nor written us; life forms that are neither plants nor animals.
- conj. Chiefly Southern & Midland U.S. Than.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- And not: generally used correlatively after a negative, introducing a second or a subsequent negative member of a clause or sentence. Correlative to neither.
- Correlative to another nor.
- With the omission of neither or nor in the first clause or part of the proposition.
- Correlative to some other negative.
- And … not: not correlative, but merely continuative.
- [In this use formerly used with another negative, merely cumulative, nor being then equivalent, logically, to and.
- Than: after comparatives. Compare or in like use.
- An abbreviation of Norman.
- n. logic, electronics Alternative form of NOR.
- conj. literary And not (introducing a negative statement, without necessarily following one)
- conj. A function word introducing each except the first term or series, indicating none of them is true
- conj. Used to introduce a further negative statement
- conj. UK, dialect, Yorkshire than
GNU Webster's 1913
- conj. A negative connective or particle, introducing the second member or clause of a negative proposition, following
neither, or not, in the first member or clause (as orin affirmative propositions follows either). Noris also used sometimes in the first member for neither, and sometimes the neitheris omitted and implied by the use of nor.
- Middle English nauther, from nother. Cognate with neither. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English : ne, no; see no1 + or, or; see or1.Middle English, perhaps ultimately from nor, nor; see nor1. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“-- _Neither, nor, or, either ... or_, and _neither ... nor_ are conjunctions proper.”
“And if he bids you wait some time at the convent, dont wander away; and be sure you dont go with other boys to the lake to throw stones into the water, nor to watch them fish, nor to play with the nets hung up to dry, nor ”
“Scouts never grouse at hardships nor whine at each other, nor_ swear _when put out, but go on whistling and smiling.”
“Canaan's descendants (on whom _alone_, and not _at all on Ham_, nor on his three other sons, Noah's curse fell), are now, _nor ever have been_, as a whole, in a state of bondage.”
“A horse is no wealth to us if we cannot ride, nor a picture if we cannot see, _nor can any noble thing be wealth, except to a noble person_.”
“I am not a fan of tweets as well...nor even facebook...facebook may have a little value in some situations..nor am I a fan club member type even when very young.”
“The answer to this is short: _I never wrote such poems, never received the sum he mentions, nor any other in the same quarter, nor_ (as far as moral or mortal certainty can be sure) _ever had, directly or indirectly, the slightest communication with Johnson in my life_; not being aware that the person existed till this intelligence gave me to understand that there were such people.”
“-- He's not that way: not a couple in all Ireland, and that's saying a great dale, looks less after their own, nor is more off-handeder, or open-hearteder, or greater openhouse-keeper, _nor_  my Lord and my Lady Killpatrick. ”
“God of his fathers, nor the_ lawful _desire of women_ in matrimony, _nor any God, but shall magnify himself above all.”
“_nor_ that the powers of even _ordinary legislation_ cannot do it, -- nor that the clause granting Congress "exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever over such District," gives no power to do it; but that the”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘nor’.
With the exception of abbreviations and mosaic words all types of words (proper names, past tense of verbs, etc.) are allowed.
Words to be replaced by a paragraph mark if you are after terms and MWEs.
All words of the poem
by Gerard Nolst Trenité
Dearest creature in creation,
Study English pronunciation.
I will teach you in my verse <...
A list of English words that are three letters long.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Random list of words I like
Words that make you feel haughty when you say, type, or write them.
Looking for tweets for nor.