from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who writes, compiles, or edits a dictionary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who writes or compiles a dictionary
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The author or compiler of a lexicon or dictionary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A compiler of a lexicon or dictionary; one employed in the making of a vocabulary or wordbook of a language, and giving definitions, with or without other explanatory matter, in the same or another language.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a compiler or writer of a dictionary; a student of the lexical component of language
lexicography + -er (Wiktionary)