from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who coins a new word or new words
- n. An innovator in any doctrine or system of belief, especially in theology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who introduces new words or new senses of old words into a language.
- n. An innovator in any doctrine or system of belief, especially in theology; one who introduces or holds doctrines subversive of supernatural or revealed religion; a rationalist, so-called.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who introduces new words or phrases into a language.
- n. Same as neologian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lexicographer of new words and expressions
Back-formation from neologism. Compare French néologiste. (Wiktionary)