from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who spells words: students who are good spellers.
- n. An elementary textbook containing exercises that teach spelling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who spells.
- n. A participant in a spelling bee.
- n. A book for learning spellings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who spells.
- n. A spelling book.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A speaker or talker; a teller; a narrator.
- n. One who spells, as in school; a person skilled in spelling.
- n. A book containing exercises or instructions in spelling; a spelling-book.
- n. A branch shooting out from the crown of a deer's antler. See cut under Dama. Cotgrave.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an introductory textbook to teach spelling
- n. someone who spells words
Sorry, no etymologies found.