from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book containing source materials in a specific area, used as a reference and in teaching.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. : an educational tool used predominately in United States law schools consisting of a book containing the text of court opinions in legal cases accompanied by analysis and other materials relating to those cases.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a book in which detailed written records of cases are kept and which are a source of information for subsequent work. Such books are often used as supplements to texts in law schools.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book in which a physician keeps the medical record of his eases.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a book in which detailed written records of a case are kept and which are a source of information for subsequent work
- adj. according to or characteristic of a casebook or textbook; typical
Sorry, no etymologies found.