from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book registering the pedigrees of thoroughbred animals, especially horses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In livestock breeding, a written record of the genealogy of animals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genealogical register of a particular breed or stud of horses, esp. thoroughbreds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The genealogical register of a stud, especially of horses; a book giving the pedigree of noted or thoroughbred animals, especially horses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. official record of the pedigree of purebred animals especially horses
stud + book (Wiktionary)