from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being parochial; especially: selfish pettiness or narrowness (as of interests, opinions, or views).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being parochial in form or nature; a system of management peculiar to parishes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The management of the affairs of a parish by an elected vestry or parochial board; the system of local government which makes the parish the unit.
- n. Hence Provincialism; local narrowness of view; narrow-mindedness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a limitation of views or interests like that defined by a local parish
Sorry, no etymologies found.