from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. fertilization of a flower by pollen from the same plant
- n. breeding between similar individuals; inbreeding
- n. marriage or other union between similar people, or people of the same sex
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition of being homogamous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being homogamous; fertilization in a plant when the stamens and pistil of a hermaphrodite flower mature simultaneously.
- n. Assortative mating; the pairing or mating of animals, or the marriage of human beings, with some common distinctive characteristic considered apart from the question whether the mating is due to conscious selection of, or preference for, this characteristic or is unintentional or unconscious; sexual selection in its widest sense.
homo- + -gamy (Wiktionary)